Tiger Returns - Will His Career Blow Up Yet Again?

Basketball, golf, racing, poker, cheerleading, synchronized diving, spelling bees, lawn mowing, wait I think I'm off track here...
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Tiger Returns - Will His Career Blow Up Yet Again?

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:26 am

......................................................................................................................................................

Woods returns next week. Can this guy resurrect his career or will this comeback end in another disaster?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/tiger-woo ... 17416.html
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Tiger Returns - Will His Career Blow Up Yet Again?

Postby R27 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:13 pm

At 40, I think Tiger's still go plenty of good golf in him. I think he's tried to come back too soon and has pushed himself too hard to return as quickly as possible and that's led to him not being completely healthy.

I was going to say that Mickelson's been pretty successful after 40 in golf, but not so much. And hasn't won a PGA event in 3 years. So maybe there is little hope for Tiger at this point.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Tiger Returns - Will His Career Blow Up Yet Again?

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:58 am

Here we go again ................ sheesh .............

“After a lot of soul searching and honest reflection, I know that I am not yet ready to play on the PGA TOUR or compete in Turkey. My health is good, and I feel strong, but my game is vulnerable and not where it needs to be.

“When I announced last week I was going to Safeway, I had every intention of playing, or I wouldn’t have committed. I spent a week with the U.S. Ryder Cup Team, an honor and experience that inspired me even more to play. I practiced the last several days in California, but after a lot of hours, I knew I wasn’t ready to compete against the best golfers in the world. I will continue to work hard, and plan to play at my foundation’s event, the Hero World Challenge, in Albany.

“I would like to apologize and send my regrets to Safeway, the Turkish Airlines Open, the fans in California and Turkey and those that had hoped to watch me compete on TV. This isn’t what I wanted to happen, but I will continue to strive to be able to play tournament golf. I’m close, and I won’t stop until I get there.”

Return to “Other Sports”