Political Dugout

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Political Dugout

Postby R27 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Topps wrote:I also believe that actual journalism in the country is dead. I'm not sure that it'll ever return. It's made it incredibly hard to take anything reported as news as actually being news and not something molded and twisted to fit an agenda.

It's been dead, but at least they admit it now as we had ton of newspapers who had never endorse a candidate finally step into the mud.

Everyone is spinning the stories to best fit them. But the problem is that people aren't aware of their own cognitive biases. And that's the public education system at work.

And the WSJ said today that Trump and his top aides didn't realize they had to hire an entire West Wing staff once Obama leaves office. :shock: I knew that and I only became an American citizen last summer! :lol:
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:45 am

I'm not sure many of us realized that there were FOUR THOUSAND White House staff & that the new Administration would have to hire replacements for every single one of them in an extremely short period of 10 weeks. Nor did I realize there's apparently THREE HUNDRED rooms in the White House complex. That's hard to believe.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:49 am

George Soros and other rich liberals who spent tens of millions of dollars trying to elect Hillary Clinton are gathering in Washington for a three-day, closed door meeting to retool the big-money left to fight back against Donald Trump. The conference, which kicked off Sunday night at Washington’s pricey Mandarin Oriental hotel, is sponsored by the influential Democracy Alliance donor club, and will include appearances by leaders of most leading unions and liberal groups, as well as darlings of the left such as House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chairman Keith Ellison, according to an agenda and other documents obtained by POLITICO. The meeting is the first major gathering of the institutional left since Trump’s shocking victory over Hillary Clinton in last week’s presidential election, and, if the agenda is any indication, liberals plan full-on trench warfare against Trump from Day One.

MUST READ ........... TREASONOUS

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/d ... ump-231313
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:25 pm

The CNN & MSNBC attacks on Trump have absolutely exploded. I think it's worse than pre-election. Would not have believed that possible.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:05 pm

Democrats like to talk about how the Republicans raise all this money and it's just awful and how they need reforms, but Democrats absolutely destroy Republicans in fundraising. Utterly destroy them.

R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Also, can't wait to hear my Democrat friends supporting the gridlock they are sure to introduce for the next two years after they complained about Republicans doing the same for the last six. And I'm going to enjoy every moment of bringing it up.

But then they'll resort to the standard liberal refrain, "It's OK when we do it."

BrewCards
Prospect
Prospect

Postby BrewCards » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

R27 wrote:Also, can't wait to hear my Democrat friends supporting the gridlock they are sure to introduce for the next two years after they complained about Republicans doing the same for the last six."

This is my biggest complaint of the two party system. Too many of these filibusters and other tactics that just waste tax payer money getting nothing done. The supreme court nomination has been waiting for his hearing for 240 days or something, the whole thing is a joke. The extremists from both sides just can't pay nice with each other.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:27 pm

BrewCards wrote:
R27 wrote:Also, can't wait to hear my Democrat friends supporting the gridlock they are sure to introduce for the next two years after they complained about Republicans doing the same for the last six."

This is my biggest complaint of the two party system. Too many of these filibusters and other tactics that just waste tax payer money getting nothing done. The supreme court nomination has been waiting for his hearing for 240 days or something, the whole thing is a joke. The extremists from both sides just can't pay nice with each other.

This is where we are now. Politicians are more worried about getting re-elected than solving problems. And if they actually solved a problem, that's one less thing they can campaign on.

This was the best opportunity America has ever gotten to break from a two party system and I think if the Libertarians had run someone who actually took the opportunity seriously, they could have made a big dent. As long as America directly elects the President, it will be difficult for a third party to elbow in, regardless of whether my belief that 60-70% of Americans are actually Libertarian is true or not. One of the reasons why you have multiple parties in Canada is because you don't directly elect the Prime Minister, it's usually the party leader of whoever has the most seats in Parliament. So the possibility that a party could cater to the interests of a particular region (like in Canada the Bloc Quebecois) and gain seats and perhaps appeal to others to actually build the party.

mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby mhardy_03 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:47 pm

R27 wrote:
BrewCards wrote:

This is where we are now. Politicians are more worried about getting re-elected than solving problems. And if they actually solved a problem, that's one less thing they can campaign on.

This was the best opportunity America has ever gotten to break from a two party system and I think if the Libertarians had run someone who actually took the opportunity seriously, they could have made a big dent. As long as America directly elects the President, it will be difficult for a third party to elbow in, regardless of whether my belief that 60-70% of Americans are actually Libertarian is true or not. One of the reasons why you have multiple parties in Canada is because you don't directly elect the Prime Minister, it's usually the party leader of whoever has the most seats in Parliament. So the possibility that a party could cater to the interests of a particular region (like in Canada the Bloc Quebecois) and gain seats and perhaps appeal to others to actually build the party.

This is also why the term limits that I believe Trump has mentioned needs to happen. So these people can actually care about getting work done while they are there instead of consistently just trying to get elected. The problem is that all these career politicians will never go for it, even if 90% of the country wanted it.

I could see that percentage of Americans aligning more with Libertarians than the other 2 parties, which are going farther and farther to each extreme. The problem is that many, many people don't even know that other parties exist. That is what needs to change.
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

Team info under my ownership (2037-2115):
80 seasons, 8007-4793 (.626), 71 Playoff Apps, 49 Division Titles, 33 League Titles
11 World Series Titles (2047, 2072, 2076, 2078, 2084, 2087, 2092, 2101, 2102, 2104, 2115)
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has opted against accepting a Cabinet position in the Trump administration, his spokesman said on Tuesday.

Carson's business manager, Armstrong Williams, said Carson has made clear he has no experience in running a federal bureaucracy.

He said Carson would remain a close adviser of Trump and a friend. "His life has not prepared him to be a Cabinet secretary," Williams said.

But he felt qualified to run for President, extend that campaign way past reality & take millions & millions of campaign donations & volunteer hours from his donors ???? What the ............. ????
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:13 am

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:34 pm

RIDIC ............

— Meetup is taking a leap into the Trump resistance.

The New York-based networking site will unveil plans in the coming days to partner with a labor group — under the guidance of a former Hillary Clinton aide — to coordinate protests among more than 120,000 activists already involved with anti-Trump Meetup groups.

It's a risky move for a tech company that has helped millions come together to share interests of all kinds, from hiking to languages to President Donald Trump himself. But it reflects an increasing willingness of some major technology firms to push back against the Republican president.

Meetup CEO Scott Heiferman told The Associated Press that the new arrangement, to be known only as #Resist, gives the loosely organized protest movement the infrastructure needed to execute large responses to the new president's policies.

The White House did not respond to a request Friday for comment about Meetup's plans.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/meet ... nance.html
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Six months into Presidency. Those of us who lean a little further right than left expected the President to grow, to mature, to settle into the magnitude of the Office & to serve it with honor & dignity. Expectations were poorly served .................

Every day this guy gets more self-centered & petty. I cannot imagine how anyone could be a bigger douche than this guy is daily. And getting worse.
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby marteezy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 pm

chevyman58 wrote:Six months into Presidency. Those of us who lean a little further right than left expected the President to grow, to mature, to settle into the magnitude of the Office & to serve it with honor & dignity. Expectations were poorly served .................

Every day this guy gets more self-centered & petty. I cannot imagine how anyone could be a bigger douche than this guy is daily. And getting worse.

Nothing in his behavior shocks me. What shocks me is the fact that people expected this 71 year old man baby to change. That said, in all fairness, I thinking people that voted for him were hoping he'd change vice expecting him to change. I'm just hoping that someone in congress grows a spine and stands up to this buffoon.
Elite1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Elite1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:02 pm

I certainly wish he (Trump) would act more "presidential". If he would just stay off of Twitter, that would be a good start! I never did like his personality, I did not vote for him, during the primaries, but personalities aside, I do like many of the moves he has made. I like his SCJ pick. I like that he is standing up to the UN and the European Union. I like that he is kicking trannys out of the military. I like his stance on refugees. So, although he is a complete buffoon at times, I still think that he was a better choice than Hillary, who in my opinion, should be behind bars!

Return to “Anything Goes”