Donald Trump the Phenom

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Donald Trump the Phenom

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Been great theater, but DONE with this guy. Get him outa here. Maturity & class of an 11-year old. At most. Get him outa here. Joke.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr ... 09079.html
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: Donald Trump the Phenom

Postby Razz » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:07 am

chevyman58 wrote:Been great theater, but DONE with this guy. Get him outa here. Maturity & class of an 11-year old. At most. Get him outa here. Joke.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr ... 09079.html

The thing is, I think he has some good ideas. I'd like the fact that he brings immigration to the forefront, and topics like trade deficits. The trouble is, he's an idiot. Simply more dumbing down of the American public. It's a very sad commentary on the state of our country that he's doing so well..
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby marteezy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:44 pm

He has interesting bullet points but so far he's not provided any substance. I don't think he will offer any realistic to any of the issues that he raises.

Immigration is an issue but there is no way your gonna ship 11.3 million illegals out. So instead of talking about building walls and all of that crap, provide the funding to hire more border patrol officers and more immigration officials to clear backlogs of people filing for citizenship.

As for jobs, people need to realize that the factory jobs of yesteryear are not coming back. Automation has made many of those jobs obsolete. So the focus should be on the new job market. IT and other white collar like jobs. Unfortunately our schools have not prepared enough students for those jobs and people that have lost their factory jobs have not been properly retrained to jump back into the workforce. Providing funding and a plan to fix that would go a long way.

Foreign policy, saying that your going to be tough on this and that is easy. But no one likes a bully. Fox News and the right wing echo chamber will never admit it, but Obama has done a pretty solid job of restoring our reputation around the world. Has he been perfect, no. But people appreciate the diplomatic approach over the chest thumping tough talking approach.

The next president needs to build on what Obama has done and recognize that the majority in this country no longer has a taste for war.

Lastly, I want a candidate that will address the income inequality that is killing the middle class. At some point people have to realize that tax cuts are and have only benefited the upper 1%. Our highway system and infrastructure is crumbling. Our schools are failing and everything else that the government has typically supported is falling apart.

Privatization of essential services is a non-starter. But you will never hear that from The Donald. He's also never going to bring all of his manufacturing of his ugly ties back to America.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Where he lost me once n for all:

You're running on bein' a tuff guy - gonna clean up Washington, gonna kick Putin's a**, gonna close the border, gonna round up the thugs, gonna stick it to the Chinese & you're going to wipeout ISIS. Just a bada**, just the greatest thing ever.

Such a tough guy, so great, that a 110 lb blonde lady gets under your skin so bad that you lose your mind & cannot control yourself.

'Leadership'. 'President'.

OK ..............
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 am

I, even as a Conservative, don't particularly care for Trump. Yes he has raised issues, but doesn't appear to have any plans of any substance at this point to carry them out.

I'm not going to turn this thread into the Political Dugout but:

"The next president needs to build on what Obama has done and recognize that the majority in this country no longer has a taste for war"

The next President needs to eliminate 95% of what this guy has done to tear down our Country and make many dependent on the Government.

"Obama has done a pretty solid job of restoring our reputation around the world. Has he been perfect, no. But people appreciate the diplomatic approach over the chest thumping tough talking approach."

If you truly believe this then you're further out there than I thought. This guy has done nothing less than succeed in tearing our beloved Country down. Respect for the USA is at its' lowest point in our history. We are a laughing stock in the eyes of the World. Easily taken advantage of. I pray it is not too late to restore our strength and pride in our Country and its' people.

Finally we DO need to build a wall around our borders. About the only thing I can agree on is that, no, you can't deport 11/12 million people. But they can be identified and be required to go to the end of the line, pay taxes, etc. and become US citizens legally.

Continuation of any discussion should be continued, if anyone wants to comment, in the proper thread.
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby marteezy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:46 am

According to Pew Research, by nearly every measure, in every country aside from Russia, President Obama is more respected than his predecessor. The numbers don't lie. But if you rely on Fox and the Drudge Report of The Blaze for your information, then I understand your opinion. But when I look at these numbers, I see something different. As for as respect among world leaders, we will never really know, because most aren't going to disrespect a sitting state leader, unless your Vlad Putin. But here are the Pew job approval numbers, take them as you will. They are represented as Bush (2008) Vs. Obama (2015):

UK 53 - 76
France 42 - 83
Spain 33 - 58
Germany 31 - 73
Russia 46 - 11
Japan 50 - 66
Australia 46 - 81
China 41 - 44

The rest of the world would absolutely love Donald Trump. Kinda like they love Jersey Shore.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... ald-trump/

As for building a wall, the wall you need to build is to hold employers that hire illegals accountable and make the penalty so harsh that it makes hiring them an absolute non-starter.

But Donald Trump won't do that either because he hires a ton of illegals.
http://www.businessinsider.com/undocume ... ort-2015-7

And if he didn't know that he was employing illegals, how in the heck can you trust him to effectively properly manage the deportation or citizenship of 11.2 million immigrants in limbo?
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/13/nyreg ... liens.html
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Razz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 pm

The thing with immigration is the fact that no one is doing anything about it. We've accepted the fact that "that's just the way it is" So instead of doing something about it we provide free schools, employment and healthcare and millions of Americans are fine with that. How tough are we going to look by saying there's 11 million illegal's and we can't send them all back, so instead we basically do nothing. IMO the political system is so out of touch with reality as to what's truly going on, that it ends up nothing gets done.

The economy has China dumping products in the US at record levels, and Mexico is stealing our jobs. The US labor force can match any country in the world but there has to be an even playing field. Corporate America moves jobs to Mexico and pays the workers poverty wages and then tells workers here that they have to do that in order to compete. Funny thing though, they didn't have any problem competing the last hundred years while paying US workers good wages. They can compete just fine using American labor if corporate greed wasn't involved. It's always about the money.

Under this administration the county has become a free for all. Let's make smoking pot legal, let's not have any morals on marriage, racism is out of control in the streets.

The bottom line is, this county is a freaking mess, and IMO it's doesn't really matter who gets elected, or what party is in control, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Razz wrote:The thing with immigration is the fact that no one is doing anything about it. We've accepted the fact that "that's just the way it is" So instead of doing something about it we provide free schools, employment and healthcare and millions of Americans are fine with that. How tough are we going to look by saying there's 11 million illegal's and we can't send them all back, so instead we basically do nothing. IMO the political system is so out of touch with reality as to what's truly going on, that it ends up nothing gets done.

I don't think there is anything you can really do about it. I'm not comfortable rewarding them for doing something illegal and you can't punish them all. So what do you do?

The immigration system works just fine if you follow the steps in order. I had zero issue completing my citizenship and officially became a US citizen two weeks ago. We had 59 people taking the oath that day, a large number of them from Mexico.

Razz wrote:The economy has China dumping products in the US at record levels, and Mexico is stealing our jobs. The US labor force can match any country in the world but there has to be an even playing field. Corporate America moves jobs to Mexico and pays the workers poverty wages and then tells workers here that they have to do that in order to compete. Funny thing though, they didn't have any problem competing the last hundred years while paying US workers good wages. They can compete just fine using American labor if corporate greed wasn't involved. It's always about the money.

When you've got Asian countries like China, Japan, Taiwan, etc who basically manipulate their currency to ensure a trade advantage, it's going to be almost impossible to compete. I did a paper on Mexico in my International Business class a couple years ago and read a journal article about how if Mexico had focused on becoming agriculturally self sufficient like those Asian countries I listed are so that they could have devalued their currency to create a higher trade advantage, with their proximity to the United States, they would be the world leader in production and export.

The economic climate in the U.S. isn't like it was 100 years ago. Or even 50 years ago. There is so much more regulation and so much more asked of businesses nowadays that it's just easier and cheaper to not have to deal with that in a foreign country that lets them do whatever they want to keep the jobs there. Not to mention that these foreign countries are catching up in their production abilities. China is essentially in the middle of their industrial revolution where the US was 150 years ago. Cost of living in these countries is so much lower too. I have a friend from school who has moved to China to teach and he talks about how he's poor when he comes to the US, but he's rich when he's in China.

Companies wouldn't be leaving for other countries if we were financially competitive. We're not tax competitive with other countries. And the burden of regulation isn't as high. Shoot, last year I read an article about Burger King trying to buy Tim Horton's so they could do an inversion as a Canadian company. When you're losing company headquarters' to Canada to save money on taxes, you have a big problem.

And basically slamming the door and trying to find a way to force companies to stay here, which I've heard several members of Congress basically say we should do, isn't the answer either.

"Corporate Greed" isn't the only issue at play in many industries. It was "Union Greed" that almost killed GM, Ford, and Chrysler several years ago. There does need to be a better balance in play between profitability, high level salaries, and low level salaries.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Razz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:31 pm

It wasn't union greed that almost did Chrysler and GM in and the CEO told Congress that. Union wages make up only about 10 percent of a vehicles price. That's a small percentage considering they're the ones doing the work. That percentage is minut compared to what corporation charge to advertise their products. Not to mention executives salaries. By the way I worked for Chrysler at the time and lost my job. Was out of work for a year and a half and it wasnt from me not trying to find a job. Just wasn't anything available.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:21 pm

My subcontractor workforce is primarily Mexican. They're not stealin' jobs, believe me.

No gringo's gonna come dig, labor, pour concrete, hang sheetrock, roof or otherwise. Not when it's cool, not when it's 102.

When I do have Gringos on my jobs they usually suck, are lazy & do poor quality work.

Much of what these guys & gals do nobody else wants to. Many of those in the US not working choose not to.
EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby EOCF » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Anybody think Trump's actually electable? I know there are plenty of people, even within the Democratic party that don't like Hillary Clinton and I understand why. Nothing would unite every Democrat and the majority of independents together like Trump winning the GOP nomination though.
CSFBL: New York River Pirates: (2037-2114)
40 Playoff appearances, 19 Division titles, 8 League titles
2053, 2057, 2058, 2074, 2090 & 2113 World Champions
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby marteezy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:31 pm

EOCF wrote:Anybody think Trump's actually electable? I know there are plenty of people, even within the Democratic party that don't like Hillary Clinton and I understand why. Nothing would unite every Democrat and the majority of independents together like Trump winning the GOP nomination though.

I'm thinking the GOP hopes he's not electable because of the fear that he's so toxic that he may split the vote.

But I think he's going to have a meltdown long before he gets to that point.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:34 pm

marteezy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:46 am

"According to Pew Research, by nearly every measure, in every country aside from Russia, President Obama is more respected than his predecessor"

If you truly feel the manner that Putin, Iran, China etc., treat the USA and think that is called respect then I guess you're right.... :roll:

These players know what a weak stick this so called President is and are taking full advantage. I don't know what brand of kool aid you're drinking, but it might be time to change brands.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:26 am

marteezy wrote:According to Pew Research, by nearly every measure, in every country aside from Russia, President Obama is more respected than his predecessor. The numbers don't lie. But if you rely on Fox and the Drudge Report of The Blaze for your information, then I understand your opinion. But when I look at these numbers, I see something different.
UK 53 - 76
France 42 - 83
Spain 33 - 58
Germany 31 - 73
Russia 46 - 11
Japan 50 - 66
Australia 46 - 81
China 41 - 44

Seriously? Can you NOT have ANY political discussion without pre-discrediting everyone that might challenge you by referencing FOX News????

Almost 7 years later & still using Bush as the benchmark for Obama? The Bush you hammer? High benchmark ............. sheesh.

How about a Link to the Poll? How about not GROSSLY misrepresenting the facts - then saying the numbers don't lie. Holy Cow MT .............

"every country aside from Russia" ???? "by nearly every measure" ???? Ever heard of Israel? Come on ........... "every country" .......... wow.

Bush is long gone. Thread's about Trump. But PLEASE link the Pew Poll you reference that you base your statements of facts upon.

I don't find one that definitive & specific.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... ent-obama/

http://www.pewglobal.org/2012/06/13/glo ... s-faulted/

http://www.pewglobal.org/search/Bush+Ob ... al/page/6/
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:29 am

Tulcard wrote: I don't know what brand of kool aid you're drinking, but it might be time to change brands.

Return to “Anything Goes”