Political Dugout

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Political Dugout

Postby mhardy_03 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:32 pm

chevyman58 wrote:
Elite1 wrote:Why Kasich? What place did he come in, among the other candidates, in the primaries?

Because NOBODY LIKES Ted Cruz. NOBODY.

Agree. But I'd take him over either of these two. I think....
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

Team info under my ownership (2037-2112):
76 seasons, 7588-4572 (.624), 67 Playoff Apps, 45 Division Titles, 29 League Titles
10 World Series Titles (2047, 2072, 2076, 2078, 2084, 2087, 2092, 2101, 2102, 2104)
Elite1
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Elite1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:44 pm

chevyman58 wrote:
Elite1 wrote:Why Kasich? What place did he come in, among the other candidates, in the primaries?

I believe he got more votes than Kasich! Prrsonally, I was all over the ice, in the primaries. I started with Ben Carson, then moved to Rubio, then to Cruz... But did find flaws in all of them. Kasich was too far to the left, for my taste, but I would vote for him, in a heart beat, over Hillary or Donald!
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm

This is how ridiculous it's gotten: The biggest 'News Network' in the world, CNN, at the peak News hour of 7PM Eastern, just opened the Erin Burnet show with TWENTY MINUTES with 1997 Miss Utah discussing TWO KISSES. One at a greeting in the presence of her Father, the other in a greeting in the presence of two chaperones. TWO GREETING KISSES that she says were on the lips, which she thought inappropriate. TWO GREETING KISSES. TWENTY MINUTES WORLDWIDE PRIMETIME NEWS LEAD SEGMENT. Then they came back from commercial for 10 minutes for Erin & a Clinton surrogate to prosecute a Trump surrogate over it. THIRTY MINUTES on TWO KISSES.

Then the CNN pundits will spend time tonight criticizing Trump for spending too much time defending himself instead of talking issues.

The woman on the plane, in her interview with Anderson Cooper, says Trump (who she claimed she didn't know as 'Trunp' or who Trump was) kissed her and felt her breasts over 30 years ago. She, smiling, says that if he'd just continued to do that (kept his hands up here) she'd have probably been fine with that. But, when moved his hand down & tried to put it up her skirt she decided that was it and got up & moved. The Trump surrogate woman (the little blonde girl who's an atty, 'Kailee' I think) just tried to say a witness has come forward who was sitting directly across from Trump on the plane says the woman is grossly misrepresenting the situation. In-fact, he says that when Trump got up to go to the restroom she said to him "I'm going to marry Donald Trump". Erin cut her off. 'Kailee' then argues that if the woman's story is to be reported over & over & over then a witness should have his story heard too. Erin cut her off. Then the Clinton surrogate & Erin lay wood on Trump, pound him. Clinton surrogate allowed to tie this situation to Bill Cosby situation. Seriously .............. Bill Cosby.

Anybody here in their life gotten to 2nd base with a girl & then gotten thrown out trying to reach third? HELLO? Was it "sexual assault"?

Then Erin gave 5 minutes to another pageant contestant AND Apprentice participant, one who has glowing accolades for Trump. Erin centers on a kiss he gave her, she blasts the media for their focus and mis-representations. Bye-bye, interview over.

Then spent the rest of the show reporting on what "might be" in the Apprentice tapes and why Mark Burnett won't release them and the extreme efforts to get them released. A liberal group just rented a plane & circled over NBC Studios with a banner reading "Release The Tapes".

Entire hour on Trump over 3 kisses, hyperbolic rhetoric of "9 women have now come forward", what might be worst-case on tapes. Wow.

Seeing as Erin Burnett was on the Apprentice show numerous times as a boardroom adviser isn't it curious she never discloses that fact or comments on her experience on-set, good or bad? What her experience as a woman was with Trump on the show?

The presser today with the former Apprentice woman from 10 years ago & Gloria Allred today. The woman repeatedly breaks-down, crying, broken. Allred plays it like a concerto. We've had 6-7 women come forward calmly, never a tear. This one with Allred in tears. So distraught that she was still emailing him a couple years ago seeking help. Wow.

As I've repeatedly said, Trump is a douche. A horn dog. A pig. Whatever. But is the 'media' coverage of this race any better ???????

And now Anderson Cooper rolls into his 2 hours with the exact same "two more women come forward" and it'll be 3-4 hours of it again tonight through Don Lemon. No doubt Chris Hates, Rachel Maddow & Lawrence O'Donnell will be at least the same all night.

The Middle East is on fire, the East Coast is under water, Haiti is devastated AGAIN and US citizens are getting gunned-down daily and we just spent the entire primetime news hour pounding Trump for in-appropriately kissing some women & playing grab-ass 10-30+ years ago. Not one mention of Wili-Leaks, not one second on the Clinton campaign. Not. A. Word.

And there's no bias in the media coverage?

Fortunately we have ALDS and GOLD RUSH starting tonight!
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Elite1 wrote:
chevyman58 wrote:

I believe he got more votes than Kasich! Prrsonally, I was all over the ice, in the primaries. I started with Ben Carson, then moved to Rubio, then to Cruz... But did find flaws in all of them. Kasich was too far to the left, for my taste, but I would vote for him, in a heart beat, over Hillary or Donald!

Oh yeah, he got more votes. But NOBODY liked him. He got more votes because he had the better machine. Then he inherited the establishment money & support after they moved from Bush to Rubio to Cruz. But NOBODY liked him. Kasich never got traction because he was 4th in line for support and was too moderate for the Evangelicals. Once it got down to the final three the big money had burned though a quarter billion dollars and was impotent to the cause. The GOP just blew this entire deal, just as I predicted 8 years ago & 4 years ago.

I've been in or just outside of the Capital of Texas for 32 years this month. NOBODY LIKES TED CRUZ.
EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby EOCF » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:59 pm

I really don't get how 'Lyin' Ted' got into office. He just seems like an extremely unlikeable person, regardless of your political leanings. Yet after all that, Trump manages to make him into a sympathetic character for a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
CSFBL: New York River Pirates: (2037-2111)
39 Playoff appearances, 18 Division titles, 7 League titles
2053, 2057, 2058, 2074 & 2090 World Champions
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:09 am

Lotta hard feelings here by the old Texas Republican establishment. He came in the back door for open seat vs insider & sitting Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst. He rallied Tea Party support & Evangelicals, got endorsed by Palin. His win was considered the biggest upset in the country.

It was nasty behind the scenes, lotta residual anger here.
mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby mhardy_03 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Check this out. Long but worth the watch. Is it bad that I'm actually not surprised by any of it? This type of corruption must be exposed and corrected or this country is going down no matter what happens.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

76 seasons, 7588-4572 (.624), 67 Playoff Apps, 45 Division Titles, 29 League Titles
10 World Series Titles (2047, 2072, 2076, 2078, 2084, 2087, 2092, 2101, 2102, 2104)
Elite1
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Elite1 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:03 pm

mhardy_03 wrote:Check this out. Long but worth the watch. Is it bad that I'm actually not surprised by any of it? This type of corruption must be exposed and corrected or this country is going down no matter what happens.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY
The DNC and their partners are basically organized crime.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:19 am

Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez made special accommodations when his team went to Chicago to play the Cubs back in May. Gonzalez grew up in Mexico, his family is from there, and his father owned an air-conditioning business in Tijuana. The team usually stays at the Trump International Hotel and Tower, which they’ve been doing for years. But Gonzalez didn’t want to stay there and chose to stay at a different hotel.

Gonzalez didn’t spell out exactly why he didn’t want to use that particular hotel, which is owned by Donald Trump.

When the Dodgers came to town to play the Cubs in the NLCS this past weekend there was no issue, the team stayed at a different hotel.
mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby mhardy_03 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Who's looking forward to the debate tonight???? *fart noise*

Actually I kind of am interested to see if it is more of the same, or if the moderator is actually neutral instead of the clearly biased previous ones. And maybe they talk about things that are actually important to people.
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: RE: Re: Political Dugout

Postby EOCF » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:23 pm

mhardy_03 wrote:Who's looking forward to the debate tonight???? *fart noise*

Actually I kind of am interested to see if it is more of the same, or if the moderator is actually neutral instead of the clearly biased previous ones. And maybe they talk about things that are actually important to people.

I can't endorse debate drinking games enough. They're the best way to get through it.

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 pm

I'll DVR it & likely never watch it, gotta watch the NLCS.

Trump is completely off the rails, gonna get schlonged again by Hillary tonight.
mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby mhardy_03 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Well it at least started out looking like an actual debate. I will say the moderator did a much better job keeping them mostly on subject and moving on when necessary.
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: RE: Re: Political Dugout

Postby EOCF » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 am

mhardy_03 wrote:Well it at least started out looking like an actual debate. I will say the moderator did a much better job keeping them mostly on subject and moving on when necessary.

Yeah, you knew Donald couldn't keep it together for a full debate. I thought Wallace did a really good job. Blew the first two groups of moderators out of the water IMO.

I still think Trumps best hope at this point is that Democratic over confidence leads to lower than expected voter turnout.

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 am

Chris Wallace delivers sterling performance as debate moderator

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/19/media/c ... -stack-dom

Return to “Anything Goes”