Page 20 of 24

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm
by Elite1
While the far left and Hollywood types freak out, over this issue, she makes some good points...
https://www.facebook.com/TomiLahren/vid ... 839735265/

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:22 pm
by chevyman58
'The Mooch' is out already! Wow .............

If you bought milk on the day Scaramucci was hired, it is still fresh.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 pm
by Tulcard
What you say does matter. Don't blame whomever let him go at all. Even got an escort:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/youre- ... id/804910/

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 am
by Elite1
If this report is true, this is very troubling and could be criminal! http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/repor ... ame-anthem

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 pm
by chevyman58
Elite1 wrote:If this report is true, this is very troubling and could be criminal! http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/repor ... ame-anthem


They start the article stating the Raiders have 'the only NFL lineup that is entirely African-American'. Then they talk about Carr, "who is white".

Say what .................. ??????

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:56 pm
by Elite1
chevyman58 wrote:
Elite1 wrote:If this report is true, this is very troubling and could be criminal! http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/repor ... ame-anthem


They start the article stating the Raiders have 'the only NFL lineup that is entirely African-American'. Then they talk about Carr, "who is white".

Say what .................. ??????
I saw that as well, I actually sent an email to them (the federalist papers) and mentioned that and a few other items. I believe they meant to say Okland's entire line is black. Not their entire lineup. I also noticed they said Carr never gets sacked, which is not true, as he was sacked 16 times, last season, or about once per game. of course being sacked four times in this game and then the bad snaps... if the quote from one of the offensive linemen is accurate, this is quite troubling.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:30 pm
by R27
Two seasons ago Carr got sacked a ton. And when he does get sacked, he usually gets sacked multiple times in that same game. The Jets never sacked him a week earlier either. So did they decide they hated him that week? Smells like BS to me.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:42 pm
by chevyman58
Just another case of irresponsible media creating a conspiracy theory & turning it into fake news.

Each & every time a media outlet can create a racial conflict &/or a method by which to divide folks they do so. EVERY TIME.

That's what's troubling.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:09 pm
by R27
chevyman58 wrote:Just another case of irresponsible media creating a conspiracy theory & turning it into fake news.

Each & every time a media outlet can create a racial conflict &/or a method by which to divide folks they do so. EVERY TIME.

That's what's troubling.

And we buy it, hook, line, and sinker. Which just goes to further make things worse.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am
by Topps
R27 wrote:
chevyman58 wrote:Just another case of irresponsible media creating a conspiracy theory & turning it into fake news.

Each & every time a media outlet can create a racial conflict &/or a method by which to divide folks they do so. EVERY TIME.

That's what's troubling.

And we buy it, hook, line, and sinker. Which just goes to further make things worse.


Couldn't agree more. While there are problems in this country, I'm convinced the media/social media make them so much worse than they actually are. People don't take the time to think or investigate anything, they take everything that's put out there as fact.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am
by R27
Topps wrote:Couldn't agree more. While there are problems in this country, I'm convinced the media/social media make them so much worse than they actually are. People don't take the time to think or investigate anything, they take everything that's put out there as fact.

Months ago I read a 7,000 word article about Trump and how foreign investors could buy property from him above market value as a "bribe" to buy influence. And buried in there about 4/5 of the way down was a paragraph that stated they analyzed all of Trump's real estate sales since he began his campaign and didn't find any evidence of it having happened. It doesn't matter though! It could!

But 60% of people only read the headline. And headlines are incredibly misleading most of the time.

For example, when you had Jemele Hill call Trump a white supremacist and Sarah Sanders is up and says they think that such comments should be a fireable offense, then the headline reads "White House demands ESPN fire Hill." I'm like, no saying that something should be a fireable offense and demanding something are two incredibly different things. Words having meanings beyond their dictionary definitions. Editors should know that. Which is why I argue it is completely intentional.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 am
by mhardy_03
The politicians in this country suck. But the media is easily a bigger problem because they are the ones that end up convincing people of things.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 am
by R27
I read something interesting yesterday in the comments section of an article. Brave going into the comments, I know. But suggesting that gerrymandering is one of the main reasons we see so much division in politics right now. When your maps are drawn so that you have a predominantly democratic or republican district that has little chance of changing hands, you're more worried about being beaten in the primaries by someone of your own party who is more extreme than you are than you are about being beaten by someone from the other party. So essentially gerrymandered districts have pulled politics to the extremes rather than the center.

The logic is sound.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:02 am
by marteezy
mhardy_03 wrote:The politicians in this country suck. But the media is easily a bigger problem because they are the ones that end up convincing people of things.


The people are responsible to form their own opinions. The media simply lays out the events of the day. It’s the individuals responsibility to be able to know the difference between journalism and commentary.

If the individual doesn’t know that difference or is too lazy to do their own research, how is that the media’s fault?

Yes there are media outlets that are less than honest. Thankfully today, you don’t have to rely on just one outlet. There are tons out there that are doing good, credible journalism. But many of us like to stick with outlets that support our beliefs, so we quickly dismiss anything that challenges us as fake news or dishonest.

Fact is, we have to stop being lazy.

Re: Political Dugout

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:05 am
by marteezy
R27 wrote:I read something interesting yesterday in the comments section of an article. Brave going into the comments, I know. But suggesting that gerrymandering is one of the main reasons we see so much division in politics right now. When your maps are drawn so that you have a predominantly democratic or republican district that has little chance of changing hands, you're more worried about being beaten in the primaries by someone of your own party who is more extreme than you are than you are about being beaten by someone from the other party. So essentially gerrymandered districts have pulled politics to the extremes rather than the center.

The logic is sound.


There’s a great book I read this summer titled Ratf**ked: The True Story Behind the Secret Plan to Steal America’s Democracy by David Daley.

It talks about the impact of gerrymandering. It’s a great read if you are seriously interested in learning more about the art of gerrymandering.