Prayers for:

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Prayers for:

Postby Topps » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Figured I'd get this thread back up.

If you guys don't mind, how about saying a prayer for my family. Our little dog was hit by a car last night and is currently at the animal hospital. She's got some swelling on her brain and will definitely lose her right eye. If they can't get the swelling to subside by tomorrow they say we may need to think seriously about putting her down.

My kids are completely torn up over this, heck it's not easy on my wife and I either. Thanks in advance for the prayers. I'll keep you all posted.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Prayers for:

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:08 pm

God Bless. Hope she pulls through.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Hope your pup gets well Topps. I'm sure you all feel the same about her as we do our Labs. Our pets are Family members. All the best to her.

We have a 9 month old Lab puppy we have dubbed "The Destroyer." I'm buying a cage for her tomorrow for when we leave.

Prayers also for my Father who is in the hospital after a fall. He had bleeding on the brain and had to have a shunt put in to relive the fluid. He's 85. Seems to be doing well. We are hoping he will regain his motor skills and be back to himself soon. Going to take 2/3 months though.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Just heard back from the vet and she informed us that our little Yorkie isn't going to make it. She's not responding and her organs are beginning to shut down. She said that it would be up to us to make the call. Looks like they will be putting her down tomorrow as we really don't want her to suffer. Telling the kids is going to be tough.

Thanks for the prayers guys.

Also, praying for your dad Tul and a speedy and complete recovery.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm sorry for you and your Family Topps. I've had to put down, or bury many a friend. It's never easy.

Thank you for the get well wishes for my Dad.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Best wishes to PawPaw Tully
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Sorry for your loss Topps
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Thanks chevy.
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Razz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Hoping and praying for a full recovery for your father Tully. Please keep us updated on his condition as he improves.

Topps, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Yorkie's make great pets, and I'm sure she's going to be missed. Praying for your families comfort.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Thanks much Razz. I will.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 am

My wife went to call the vet this morning to tell her we had made the decision and we found out that she had actually passed away on her own last night. To me that makes it a little easier as neither of us really wanted to decided to put her down but knew it would be best for her. Now time to tell the kids today.

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers guys.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:33 am

Either way is not easy, but at least you all didn't have to watch her in the end. We never forget our furry friends. Your next one will be loved even more if that's possible.

Did you ever find the person who was driving the car, or did they just drive away after hitting your pup?

Many years ago a car hit our German Shepherd in front of our house and ran over it's paw. The dog was screaming in pain and fright. The car actually stopped and said that the dog was in the way. I said really? I then proceeded to kick 2 dents into the side of his car and said your car was in the way. He drove off. Thankfully our Shepherd was fine. Got it's paw wired back together and she lived a long life.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:04 am

Tulcard wrote:Either way is not easy, but at least you all didn't have to watch her in the end. We never forget our furry friends. Your next one will be loved even more if that's possible.

Did you ever find the person who was driving the car, or did they just drive away after hitting your pup?

Many years ago a car hit our German Shepherd in front of our house and ran over it's paw. The dog was screaming in pain and fright. The car actually stopped and said that the dog was in the way. I said really? I then proceeded to kick 2 dents into the side of his car and said your car was in the way. He drove off. Thankfully our Shepherd was fine. Got it's paw wired back together and she lived a long life.

We didn't find out who hit her. I was outside with my 8 year old when it happened, but it was 10:30 pm and we live on a dark country road. The only light around is the security light in our front yard. The person barely even tapped their brakes before driving off, people speed down our road all the time and this person was no different.

Definitely not easy to lose but a little less painful as she went on her own and we didn't have to see her put down. Sad to lose her after only 3 and 1/2 years, she was still just a pup but a big part of our family.
Cardsfan64
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Cardsfan64 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Sorry for your loss, Topps. Never easy to lose a pet. Will be praying for comfort and healing for the family.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the support guys.

Crazy thing, we got Belle (our Yorkie) from my wife's cousin. The same day Belle was hit, her parents had another set of puppies. Only one girl from the litter survived and my wife's cousin has offered her to us first. She won't be able to replace Belle, but the kids are ecstatic about the chance to have her sister.

Return to “Anything Goes”