Hurrican Irma:

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
cardinalfan4life
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Hurrican Irma:

Postby cardinalfan4life » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:21 am

a huge F5/Cat 5 death storm Hurricane is spinning off San Juan, looking to make landfall like Andrew in south Florida over the weekend. on the heels of Harvey, its looking like America s taking a 1-2 punch like we haven't seen in 105 years 2 Category 4 hurricanes hitting the US mainland

Irma Update:
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: Hurrican Irma:

Postby Topps » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Absolutely crazy that now, here in south GA, they're predicting we'll see hurricane force winds Monday. I don't know that I've ever experienced that before, don't want to now either.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:43 am

Irma's died down right now, downgraded to a Tropical Storm.

I have a bunch of friends in the Tampa area that didn't even lose power. The Keys and the southernmost parts of Florida may be smashed, but overall I think it could have been much worse with some of the early weekend suggestions of what it could have done, working it's way up Florida as a Cat 3 and then into Georgia as a Cat 1.

We'll see what Jose does now. It's supposed to do a loop this week before heading back towards us.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Irma was projected to come through here as a CAT 1 hurricane, it actually came through as a tropical storm. We were supposed to have winds upward of 90 mph but the top wind gust here was 51 mph. A far cry from what we could've gotten. Even though it wasn't as strong as they say it has definitely caused some widespread damage.

Jacksonville is said to have it's worst flooding since the 60s. Hopefully Jose just hangs around out in the Atlantic, enough with the hurricanes already.

Return to “Anything Goes”