Good Ol' Cecil the Lion - Murdered!

The place where anything goes. Well, almost anything.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Good Ol' Cecil the Lion - Murdered!

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

I don't get it, I'll never get it, makes no sense to me - at all.

Never been a hunter, never interested in hunting, but I know lots of hunters & can certainly understand it. To a point.

But ya gotta wonder what shortfalls these guys who travel around killing big game are trying to make up for? Ya gotta hire help, lure animals un-naturally into your line of fire then kill em to get your buzz? Then post & brag about it to be a big stud? I just don't get it.

What motivates somebody to do this? Repeatedly? A little short in the reproductive organ department?

Before:

After:

Minnesota Dentist under fire for murdering beloved Lion in Zimbawe

*****************************************************************************************
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Good Ol' Cecil the Lion - Murdered!

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You Can Kill A Lion Too

Luxury Hunts, which operates in South Africa and Zimbabwe, charges $49,000 for a 10-day safari to hunt lions. There's also other big game to be had. African Sky Hunting in Zimbabwe offers a 10-day elephant hunt for $35,145. The prices don't include flights to Africa.

Hunting safaris are popular among well-heeled hunters, who go to Africa and shoot exotic animals. They stay in lodges and get driven around on guided tours, led by professional trackers. When they shoot the animal, lodge staffers skin it and mount it as a trophy, ready for shipping.
EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby EOCF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

This dude is ruined. He will forever be "that guy."
CSFBL: New York River Pirates: (2037-2120)
46 Playoff appearances, 24 Division titles, 12 League titles
2053, 2057, 2058, 2074, 2090, 2113, 2114, 2116 & 2118 World Champions
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm

To me all animals are to be respected and appreciated. Learn about them and from them. Not kill them. What would this say about us if any species would become extinct due to our actions so that they could not be appreciated by future generations. Just upsetting....
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:24 pm

The only way I ever support hunting is if you eat what you kill. There's a guy at my old church that makes some excellent deer stew. It is so good.

It should definitely not be a paid experience to go and kill a lion or an elephant. It's ridiculous. And in most of these situations, it's not even sporting. Especially this guy who shot it with a bow and arrow and then it took him almost a day to finally die.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.

Return to “Anything Goes”