Issue: Remember Me, Cookies, and Login

Got a problem? Ask for help here!
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Issue: Remember Me, Cookies, and Login

Postby R27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:57 pm

There is an issue with the "Remember Me" functionality when you log in. I've been playing around with different cookie settings trying to get it so that it works the way it's supposed to. But at least you can log in. ;)
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Issue: Remember Me, Cookies, and Login

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:27 pm

For me, I'm not logged-in when I come on. But, after I navigate around site a page or two, I'm mysteriously logged-in without doing so.

So it seems it's remembering me, just not on 1st return action.

My issue now is figuring out how to get Fredbird behind the steering wheel of my Cardinal Red '58 Chevy avatar.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Had to re-log in a couple of times, but I haven't had to for a while.... 8-)
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 pm

I've been able to stay logged in most of the afternoon since my last change. So I'm hopeful that that did the trick.

Though Daniel is still having an issue logging in. I've not completely dismissed the idea that it's his fault CCH is having problems.

mhardy_03
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby mhardy_03 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Just a minute ago I couldn't log in from my home desktop. Was able to from my phone and laptop. I cleared my cache and everything worked fine. FYI in case anything like that happens to someone else.

That also officially ended my time at CCH. Not logged in there anymore.
CSFBL - Bayside Tigers

Team info under my ownership (2037-2115):
80 seasons, 8007-4793 (.626), 71 Playoff Apps, 49 Division Titles, 33 League Titles
11 World Series Titles (2047, 2072, 2076, 2078, 2084, 2087, 2092, 2101, 2102, 2104, 2115)
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:22 pm

I couldn't get in for an hour. Cleared all my history, nothin'. Did a re-start, still locked out.

Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox, got right in 1st try.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:45 pm

If you clear the cookies you should be able to get in. I changed some settings trying to fix the issue with the Remember Me feature and I think it's conflicting with the old one.

Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 pm

I just had the same login issue on Chrome. Switched over to Safari and logged in with no issue.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Topps I'm in on Chrome now. Had to clear my Chrome Cookies back a few days. Now works fine.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:36 pm

chevyman58 wrote:Topps I'm in on Chrome now. Had to clear my Chrome Cookies back a few days. Now works fine.

Saw that, cleared my cookies and Chrome started working again too.
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Razz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

It appears that I'm logged in, while in Google Chrome, but I'm not allowed to post. It keeps sending me back to login. How do I clear my cookies in Google Chrome. I hit the "delete all board cookies" at the bottom of this page but it shows my computer doing something but it never finishes. Shouldn't take an hour to clear cookies. Any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance. Should note that I'm able to post while using Internet Explorer, but I'd rather use Chrome.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 am

Razz wrote:It appears that I'm logged in, while in Google Chrome, but I'm not allowed to post. It keeps sending me back to login. How do I clear my cookies in Google Chrome. I hit the "delete all board cookies" at the bottom of this page but it shows my computer doing something but it never finishes. Shouldn't take an hour to clear cookies. Any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance. Should note that I'm able to post while using Internet Explorer, but I'd rather use Chrome.

How R27 instructed me and it worked: In Chrome if you go into Settings. Then the history tab on the left. Then there is a button for Clear Browsing Data. Then you want to select make sure Cookies are checked and then hit the Clear Browsing Data button. That should do the trick.

Make sure you go back a couple days on the how far back selection
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Razz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 am

chevyman58 wrote:
Razz wrote:It appears that I'm logged in, while in Google Chrome, but I'm not allowed to post. It keeps sending me back to login. How do I clear my cookies in Google Chrome. I hit the "delete all board cookies" at the bottom of this page but it shows my computer doing something but it never finishes. Shouldn't take an hour to clear cookies. Any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance. Should note that I'm able to post while using Internet Explorer, but I'd rather use Chrome.

How R27 instructed me and it worked: In Chrome if you go into Settings. Then the history tab on the left. Then there is a button for Clear Browsing Data. Then you want to select make sure Cookies are checked and then hit the Clear Browsing Data button. That should do the trick.

Make sure you go back a couple days on the how far back selection

Thanks Chevy, Here I am using Chrome. Appreciate you helping so fast.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 am

It may be trying to delete a cookie that doesn't exist when you use the link on the website. I'm not sure how it goes about it. But if you do what I got Chevy to do, that should solve your issue. I've had to do it to all my computers too since I changed the cookie settings last night.

I was playing with the cookie settings yesterday afternoon, so I think the new one is conflicting with the old one and causing the problem.

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:36 am

Razz wrote:Thanks Chevy, Here I am using Chrome. Appreciate you helping so fast.

R27 has insidsed that, at RedbirdTalk, we provide timely and excellent customer service to everyone or risk being fired & losing all pay & benefits.

I have no life, I really need this job.

Return to “Site Help”