2017 YNOT:

Your place for everything about the St. Louis Cardinals.
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: 2017 YNOT:

Postby Chief Redbird » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Wow... I can't believe I screwed this up!

However, I have a correction to report in the scoring of the Season-Long write-up.

The real Winner is Elite 59 with a score of 26. I did not give him credit for Q6 (a 5-point Question) He did get it correct. The correct answer was from 0.246 to 0.266 and his answer, 0.260 is in that range, but I did not award him the points.

When I add the 5-points to his score, he becomes the winner with a score of 26. Not only that... he becomes the Season Winner as his total score becomes 611, three-points more than Tulcard who previously was declared the Season YNOT Winner.

The error was totally mine. I am sorry it happened. I know how serious most of us take YNOT. But, I messed up. It was pointed out I made a mistake.

It's now fixed. Everybody else's score is the same as before but at the top, the two players switched positions.

Again, I am sorry this happened... but once it was identified, I had to correct it.
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Season-Long YNOT Correction (Again)!

When you open a can-of-worms, more than one usually gets out. Since I re-looked at Q6 and awarded 5 points to Elite59 making him the Season-Long Champion, Tulcard looked at the question and realized there was a +/- 0.016 meaning the actual correct answer was anywhere between 0.240 and 0.272, with 0.256 being the actual answer.

This means Tulcard should also be awarded 5 points for Q6, thus putting him back on top. It's odd that these are the only two affected, but they both had 5 points added to their score. Elite59 is the winner of the Season-Long YNOT and now has nine YNOT Wins (tied with nrmlcardfan). However Tulcard remains the Winner of the 2017 YNOT with 613 points.

Congratulations to both Winners... Tulcard and Elite59!

I am hoping this will now put 2017 YNOT to rest!
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:02 am

Thank you Cardsfan64 for your kind words. I'm looking forward to the break. Hope everyone has a good offseason.

Return to “St. Louis Cardinals”