2017 YNOT:

Your place for everything about the St. Louis Cardinals.
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: 2017 YNOT:

Postby Chief Redbird » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Darn! I just realized... All the left-over YNOT prizes are still in Florida. I can't get one till I return to Florida in October.

However, you can rest assured, I will be getting one and will start using it as soon as I get home!
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Congratulations Chief! Didn't know you still had pens for us all.
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Pirates (in St. Louis #2) YNOT

On Friday evening, the Cardinals will be back home in Busch Stadium for a 4-game home-stand. Three games against the Pirates and a make-up game with the Cincinnati Reds on Monday.

The Pirates series will be a 3-game weekend series with the first-pitch on Friday scheduled for 7:15 p.m. (CDT). This will be the same time we close entry into this YNOT.

To see the questions and [SUBMIT] your answers, click here.

To review your answers to ensure they were recorded correctly, or, that they were even recorded, click here.

Good Luck
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Elite1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Elite1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Tulcard, looking for a little clarification, on one of the questions, in the upcoming Pirate series, as I have wondered this in the past, but never asked: "Within 1, the number of men left on base in Saturday's game by both teams combined"...
when looking at MLB.com's box scores, I note a LOB column, in the box score, and at the bottom of the column it shows how many runners were LOB. For instance in today's game, vs. PHI, the total, at the bottom of the column, is 6.... However, when you look a little further down, under Batting, I notice it says, "Team LOB: 4"...
So when grading these answers, which of these two numbers do you use?
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 am

Good question Elite1. I always use the LOB number under batting in the middle of the page when grading. I never use the number included in the box score.

Tully
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 am

Note for all YNOT players re: Philly's YNOT. All players received an additional two points for Q10. Scores have been adjusted. Since all players received the points the order of finish remains the same, just everyone has an additional 2 points.
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:58 am

We will not have a contest for the make-up game with the Reds on Monday. We will resume the YNOT with the Arizona series which will begin on Tuesday.
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Pirates in St. Louis YNOT (2) Results

The Cardinals lose a series at home to a Central Division rival and scores are actually better than I anticipated. You guys and gals did pretty good. However, Tulcard is the winner with a score of 21. Four players tied for second with 16 points. They are lined up based on the TB submitted. They are: Chief Redbird, Nrmlcardfan, Lady Redbird, and Srclark2k.

At the other end we have Cardsfan64 with low score, thus he will be the Bat Boy for this YNOT Team.

Here is the entire list so you can see how good or bad you did:

Leading off is our winner, Tulcard
he is followed by Chief Redbird
Nrmlcardfan
Lady Redbird
Srclark2k
BrewCards
MrsLand
Cardsfan345
robertleeclark

On the Bench we have cardsfaninnwmo, and Elite59.

And, as previously mentioned Cardsfan64 will be the Bat Boy for this YNOT Team.

Congratulations to Tulcard for your 3rd Win this season.

To see the questions used for this YNOT, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0f6OaKPNDq-KR-n3jiFiLQaTlhaBv7SUxg0HW9WcAJ52HWA/viewformclick here.

To see the answers submitted, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAcqGP45EXXdl2XHg64IRNKyIU2DPrjWbrfT69SRRDU/edit#gid=1989515595click here.

To see the graded spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAcqGP45EXXdl2XHg64IRNKyIU2DPrjWbrfT69SRRDU/edit#gid=2086900279click here.

Note: I am doing this from an alternate computer - if these links do not work, I should have my normal computer back an a couple of days and have notes to fix any unworking link.
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Arizona D'backs YNOT in Arizona

On Tuesday, the day after the Reds make-up game, the Cardinals will be in Arizona for a 3-game mid-week series (Tuesday - Thursday). The first pitch on Tuesday is scheduled for 8:40 p.m. CDT. Be in by then or lose your points.

To review your answers to ensure they were recorded correctly, or, that they were even recorded, click here.

P.S. to Note in the previous Post. It will be a week or longer to get that Computer back. Parts I assumed would be in stock have to be Ordered. I will be using this (my back-up Computer) until then.

Good Luck
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Arizona D'Backs YNOT Results

Three players tied with 15 points to claim the YNOT victory, and two players tied for Batboy, however, in YNOT we only have one winner and one Bat Boy. A Tie Breaker (TB) question is what helps determine winners and also batboys or batgirls. In this case, Nrmlcardfan is the winner and now leads the 2017 season with 6 wins. Tulcard and Lady Redbird will have the 2nd and 3rd slots in the batting order.

At the other end of the scores, Elite59 and Chief Redbird are tied with the same low score. Again, when we look at the TB, we see that Elite59 has the best TB answer of all the YNOT players and so - will be on the bench, and Chief Redbird will be the BatBoy.

Here is the complete line-up so you can see how you did.

Leading off will be our winner Nrmlcardfan[/b],
he is followed by Tulcard
Lady Redbird
MrsLand
Cardsfan345
Cardsfaninnwmo
Mr. Klean
Cardsfan64
robertleeclark

On the bench we have Elite59

And, as previously mentioned, Chief Redbird will be our Bat Boy for this YNOT Team.

Congratulations again to Nrmlcardfan[/b], our first 6-time winner for 2017.

To review the questions for this YNOT, click here. Do not answer the questions! The game is over.

To see the answers everybody submitted, click here.

To see the Graded Spreadsheet, click here.

Season Totals = 2017 Season Standings
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 pm

Washington Nationals YNOT in St. Louis

On Friday the Cardinals will be back home in Busch Stadium to host the Washington Nationals for a 3-game weekend series. The first-pitch is scheduled for 7:15 p.m. on Friday evening. This same time will be when we close this YNOT.

Good Luck
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
nrmlcardfan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Postby nrmlcardfan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Glad for win #6. However I missed the Washington series. Uhg.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:50 am

Note to everyone:

Since Trae Turner was placed on the DL yesterday everyone will be receiving 2 points for question #2.

Tully
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:34 am

Marlins YNOT in St. Louis

On Monday (Today) the Marlins will be in St. Louis for a 4-game series (Monday-to-Thursday). The first pitch this evening is scheduled for 6:15 p.m. CDT (an early game). This will be the same time we close entry into this YNOT. Be in by then if you want points.

Good Luck
Take Care,
Chief Redbird
Chief Redbird
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Chief Redbird » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Wahington Nationals YNOT Results

When we reviewed the scores for the Nationals YNOT, we find three players Elite59, Lady Redbird, and Cardsfan345 all with the same high score (17 points). However, for this very eventuality is why we have a TB Question. To settle ties. In this case, we find Lady Redbird will be our Winner, and will be leading-off, Elite59 will be hitting 2nd, and Cardsfan345 will be hitting 3rd.

At the other end we find Srclark with low score, meaning he will be our Bat Boy for this YNOT team.

Here is the entire batting order so you can see how you did.

Leading off will be our winner, Lady Redbird
She will be followed by: Elite59
Cardsfan345
Chief Redbird
Cardsfaninnwmo
robertleeclark
Tulcard
MrsLand
Cardsfan64

There is no one on the bench.

And, as previously mentioned, Srclark2k will be the Bat Boy for this YNOT Team.

Congratulations to Lady Redbird on your 2nd Win this year. Also, with this win you moved into 2nd place overall only one-point behind the leader.

To review the questions for this YNOT, click here. Do not answer the questions! The game is over.

To see the answers everybody submitted, click here.

To see the Graded Spreadsheet, click here.

The Miami Marlins YNOT is posted. The Post with the links to enter is directly above this Post on this same page.

Season Totals = 2017 Season Standings
Take Care,
Chief Redbird

Return to “St. Louis Cardinals”