Baseball Questions And Rules

Talk about the rest of the MLB and baseball in general.
Razz
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Baseball Questions And Rules

Postby Razz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Where can I find the stat for a specific pitchers run support. Meaning, how many runs did his team support the pitcher with. Is there a stat for that or is there a way of figuring it. I know that S. Miller pitched very well last season, and would have won more games had his team scored more. Thanks
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Baseball Questions And Rules

Postby R27 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Razz wrote:Where can I find the stat for a specific pitchers run support. Meaning, how many runs did his team support the pitcher with. Is there a stat for that or is there a way of figuring it. I know that S. Miller pitched very well last season, and would have won more games had his team scored more. Thanks

At Baseball-Reference for each team you can go into the Detailed Pitching Stats and it's under Team Starting Pitching. The link below is Atlanta. You can find it, they give two RS/GS (measure of how many runs your team scored in games you started divided by how many games you started) and RS/IP (measure of how many runs the team should have scored per 27 outs if you pitched the entire game).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams ... hing::none

Miller had 2.1 RS/IP. Of the pitchers on the Braves who made at least 15 starts, the next closest was 3.5 RS/IP. He got no support.

He is primed to have a very good year with an offense behind him now. Arizona had the best NL offense that didn't play half their games in Coors Field.
@JonDoble - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Baseball Questions And Rules

Postby chevyman58 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Miller struggling thru 7 starts, ERA in the 6 's. So much so DBacks fans starting to gripe about trading for him.

Return to “Around the League”