Official MLB PEDS Thread

Talk about the rest of the MLB and baseball in general.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Official MLB PEDS Thread

Postby chevyman58 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:02 am

Was hoping wouldn't need to start a PEDs Thread here at RBT but it appears the issue is endless.

Will be moving some prior posts over.

Los Angeles Dodgers relief pitcher Josh Ravin was suspended 80 games on Monday for using a banned substance, sources told Yahoo Sports, and is the sixth major leaguer to face discipline for performance-enhancing drugs this season.

Ravin, who is on the Dodgers’ 40-man roster but has spent the year on the disabled list after breaking his non-throwing left arm in a car accident during spring training, tested positive for a banned peptide, according to sources.

His suspension comes on the heels of 80-game bans for National League batting champion Dee Gordon and Toronto Blue Jays slugger Chris Colabello. Cleveland center fielder Abraham Almonte and Philadelphia reliever Daniel Stumpf were hit with 80-game suspensions before that, and New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia received a lifetime ban in February for a third positive test.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sourc ... 6-mlb.html
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Official MLB PEDS Thread

Postby R27 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:24 pm

As long as there is competition, there will be someone trying to cheat to gain an edge.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Official MLB PEDS Thread

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:19 am

The doctor wrote me a prescription for Deca Durabolin, one of the cleanest steroids there is. I went to my local Rite-Aid pharmacy and I stood in line like everyone else. Was I worried? Nervous? Paranoid that somebody would see me? Not at all. Because the fact was, steroids weren’t illegal in baseball at the time, and the doctor had given me a legal prescription.

Now, I don’t want to come off as a bad example for the kids or anything, but I have to share three facts with you. One: I would go on to lead the Phillies to the World Series. Two: I would go on to make millions of dollars and live the dream of every boy and man in America. Three: I could not have done One and Two without using steroids.

Interesting Read: http://nypost.com/2016/06/27/ex-met-len ... -millions/

Return to “Around the League”