RIP Yordano Ventura

Talk about the rest of the MLB and baseball in general.
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

RIP Yordano Ventura

Postby marteezy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 am

Wow. Terrible to wake up to the news of Yordano Ventura dying in a car crash in the DR.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Re: RIP Yordano Ventura

Postby Topps » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Very sad. On another note, in a separate incident former MLB prospect Andy Marte was also killed in a car crash in the DR.

Sad day for MLB and their families/friends.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 am

Losing too many young men too early. RIP the both of you.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:58 am

One young Black man dies tragically one night in DR & headlines/TV coverage all over the USA

18 young Black men die tragically by murder same night in Chicago & crickets ..............................

A handful of wealthy Hollywood entertainers die this year of natural causes in USA & folks fall all over themselves to honor them

750 common folk are murdered this year in Chicago & crickets .............................
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 am

chevyman58 wrote:One young Black man dies tragically one night in DR & headlines/TV coverage all over the USA

18 young Black men die tragically by murder same night in Chicago & crickets ..............................

A handful of wealthy Hollywood entertainers die this year of natural causes in USA & folks fall all over themselves to honor them

750 common folk are murdered this year in Chicago & crickets .............................

I think you pointed out the issue. The more people who are likely to know the victim, the more coverage.

On Ventura, still waiting on the toxicology report. I hope with all my heart that he wasn't drunk and totally missed the lesson of Taveras. But I know those odds are slim. :(
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.

Return to “Around the League”