Official Chicago Cubs Thread

Talk about the rest of the MLB and baseball in general.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: 2016 Chicago Cubs - The Most Dangerous Team In Baseball!

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Part of problem with Cubs' lineup is it's a bit of a Murderer's Row, hard to skip guys.
cardinalfan4life
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby cardinalfan4life » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 pm

its a tough lineup, but its not ther full lineup, which s kinda scary....Schwarbers still out but..its still not the 27 Yankees Murderers Row, that lineup only exsists in dreams
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:35 am

LaStella sent to AAA, refuses to report, wants Cubs to put him back on team or may retire. 27 years old. Strange one here.

12 days ago, Chicago Cubs infielder Tommy La Stella was demoted to Triple-A Iowa to make room for Chris Coghlan, who was being activated from the disabled list. But La Stella didn’t report to Iowa within the usual 72-hour timeframe, and has continued to not report ever since. On Tuesday he was placed on the inactive list.

There’s a lot more to the story than that, of course. La Stella, 27, did an interview with ESPN on Tuesday and told them that he’s at his home in New Jersey, in constant contact with the Cubs, trying to figure out what his future will be now that he’s been demoted to Iowa.

La Stella’s assertion that he doesn’t want to play for any team but the Cubs is at the heart of this. His decision to go home wasn’t about being demoted, but about having to play for a non-Cubs team. And as La Stella told ESPN, he feels very strongly about staying with the Cubs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-p ... 07076.html
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:01 am

Cubs win twice against Brewers today.

MUST WATCH this catch by Rizzo ............. WOW

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/195923584 ... foul-ball/
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Bryant had five hits, including his 29th and 30th home runs, and five RBIs to lead the Cubs to a 9-6 victory on Thursday over the Brewers that completed a four-game sweep and improved the club's home record to an MLB-best 45-19.

Cubs starting pitchers are 12-0 in 17 games since July 31.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Lackey & Rondon to DL. Not thought to be serious. Rondon has had the sore tricep & lackey the shoulder fatigue that got him pulled mid-batter facing us. With a bazillion game lead giving them some rest.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:53 am

Cubs became the first team in baseball to reach 80 wins by beating the Padres 5-3 on Tuesday night.

The Nats and Rangers each have 73 wins, the Cubs’ win gives them a 13-game lead in the NL Central.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:50 am

chevyman58 wrote:LaStella sent to AAA, refuses to report, wants Cubs to put him back on team or may retire. 27 years old. Strange one here.

12 days ago, Chicago Cubs infielder Tommy La Stella was demoted to Triple-A Iowa to make room for Chris Coghlan, who was being activated from the disabled list. But La Stella didn’t report to Iowa within the usual 72-hour timeframe, and has continued to not report ever since. On Tuesday he was placed on the inactive list.

There’s a lot more to the story than that, of course. La Stella, 27, did an interview with ESPN on Tuesday and told them that he’s at his home in New Jersey, in constant contact with the Cubs, trying to figure out what his future will be now that he’s been demoted to Iowa.

La Stella’s assertion that he doesn’t want to play for any team but the Cubs is at the heart of this. His decision to go home wasn’t about being demoted, but about having to play for a non-Cubs team. And as La Stella told ESPN, he feels very strongly about staying with the Cubs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-p ... 07076.html

Cubs are giving in, bringing this kid back up - apparently with Sept Callups. What The Heck?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... olumn.html
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:17 am

I thought I read that he actually gave in and reported to their AAA team a week or two ago?
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:26 am

No .......... he's been home in New Jersey refusing to report.
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:21 am

Absolutely crazy that the Cubs are just going to cave then. Being in that position I really doubt I'd be letting him dictate the terms. Strange deal from the get go.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:49 pm

My favorite part of the article.
Adding a utility infielder who turned his back on teammates hardly creates the same ethical dilemma as, say, acquiring baseball's most feared relief pitcher with a troubled past. La Stella doesn't affect World Series aspirations to the degree Aroldis Chapman does, so it would be easier for the Cubs to just move on without the infielder and send an organizational-wide message about loyalty. That's what I would do. La Stella acted too selfishly for me to deserve a spot on a team full of selfless players poised to make history.

Read: Chapman's a great closer, so I don't care he reportedly hit his girlfriend. La Stella's a utility guy, we should let him pound sand for not wanting to go to the minors.

Great ethical logic there, bud.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
cardinalfan4life
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby cardinalfan4life » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:29 pm

everybody just keeps going on, and on national media wise about the cubs who are "poised to make history" last I checked you have to get somewhere you haven't been since 1945 and oh, I don't know win something you haven't won since 1908. the Playoffs have changed since 45, I think we can all agree its even tougher to get to the classic now, compared to then. Mark my words, there will be some team that will give the cubs a reality check in postseason like the Mets did last year. the cubs don't have the rotation depth to go deep into October. Arriata has looked human since June. you need legit pitchers in pressure-games in the fall and pitching is what is going to due them in...again.
EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby EOCF » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Arietta has actually been crazy good this month. Hope you're right cf4l, but it's gonna be tough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
CSFBL: New York River Pirates: (2037-2114)
40 Playoff appearances, 19 Division titles, 8 League titles
2053, 2057, 2058, 2074, 2090 & 2113 World Champions
cardinalfan4life
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby cardinalfan4life » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:54 am

EOCF and those of you up towards Cubby Land...are there actually ANY Cub fan worthy of seeing this team compete? Look, I can talk baseball with any fanbase, me and my friend had plans to go to Wrigley this Spring before my friends plans changed, I was bound and determined myself to find out first hand. I even bought some KC WS gear to blend in...kinda, go undercover with an open-mind, but all I can se with a cub fan..are the drunk mouthy fans I met in 2004 at busch 2, fans that are just mouthy fans who just talk trash, lose, lose, lose or win.

Return to “Around the League”