Johnny Football The Sad Situation

The NFL and college football.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Johnny Football The Idiot

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Different 'league', same sport, same idiocy :

How about Boykin from TCU's genius in San Antonio the other night?

Ya can't make this stuff up .......... Holy Cow
onefortheride
Prospect
Prospect

Postby onefortheride » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 pm

The colleges usually look the other way until there is an arrest or a cell phone video posted on social media. Then they act like they care. Those programs are a major part of the problem as well.

I have a hard time watching college sports at all anymore.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Radio Station ESPN Las Vegas posted the following on its Facebook page on Monday night:

We all know Vegas stories can get extremely crazy involving celebrities. This is going to sound wild, and maybe hard to believe, but this is what we’re hearing regarding Johnny Manziel.
Our sources tell us Manziel was at a popular night club on the strip Saturday night. The QB entered wearing a blonde wig, a fake mustache, glasses, and a hoodie.
Manziel introduced himself as “Billy.” He was there into the 3am hour and when it came time to pay the bill, he asked to have it comped because he didn’t bring cash and also didn’t want to put it on his card.
However, the sources tell us he ended up paying with his card and signing the check.
By 3am he appeared to be enjoying the party scene that Vegas is known to offer.
The club had Manziel and his crew placed at a VIP table close to the DJ booth. The table is located in one of the darkest areas of the club.
Manziel dined at the club’s restaurant before going to the nightclub. He was seated at the most private area in the restaurant, which is still out in the open. And yes, he ate with his wig and glasses on.

You really can't make this stuff up.

Although, maybe you can make a profit off it - this t-shirt quickly showed up on Twitter for purchase:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 34297.html
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am

His version of "Catch Me If You Can?".... :roll:
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:26 pm

I kinda want a Browns #2 "Billy Vegas" jersey now.

I wonder if the NFL will cut that off like they did with Mike Vick and "Ron Mexico."
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Re: Johnny Football The Sad Situation

Postby chevyman58 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

Manziel was dropped by his agent yesterday in a public statement saying Manziel needs help, badly.

The Browns have made clear they will cut him in March, the soonest they're allowed to.

Manziel's father took him to a medical facility this past week, telling authorities that Manziel was a danger to himself - suicidal. Manziel refused to be admitted and walked away, prompting his father to say "I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday."

Last Saturday Manziel and his ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley were involved in an altercation. Manziel wasn't charged then and the case was deemed closed by Dallas Police. More details emerged on Thursday, including allegations from Crowley that Manziel hit her repeatedly and threatened to kill them both. Crowley is now pursuing charges & the police have reopened their investigation.

Yesterday a judge issued a protective order for Manziel to stay away from Crowley for two years and pay $12,000 in legal fees. Crowley filed an application for the order Wednesday and said Manziel was "likely to commit family violence against me if a protective order is not granted," the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported.

Also yesterday the Cowboys leaked details of an internal staff meeting earlier this week where any interest in signing Manziel was determined over.

This kid may not make it ................

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manziels-t ... NlYwNzYw--
Topps
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby Topps » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:06 am

Incredibly sad that this kid just can't seem to get it together. If he were some able to get his head straight he could be a pretty decent NFL talent at least. Hopefully he or someone is able to get him the help that he needs and he's able to get his lift turned around whether it leads to football success or not.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:01 pm

In a report on the league’s own network, the Browns have been accused of lying about Johnny Manziel having a concussion in an effort to cover up that the real problem with Manziel was showing up to work drunk.

“Johnny Manziel, going into what would have been a start late in the season, showed up drunk at practice on a Wednesday. The Browns lied and said he was in the concussion protocol. Let me repeat that: The Browns lied, to try to protect, and I would argue enable, this irresponsible and very troubled young man,” Mike Silver said on the air on NFL Network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er=ya5nbcs
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Kid has had plenty of opportunities to help himself. Seems to have had ample support from others as well. Doesn't seem to care. Another day....another problem arises. I pass on having any sympathy for him.... 8-)
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:39 pm

The Cleveland Browns have waived Johnny Manziel today.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:57 am

chevyman58 wrote:The Cleveland Browns have waived Johnny Manziel today.

I can't see anyone signing the guy.... 8-)
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Tulcard wrote:
chevyman58 wrote:The Cleveland Browns have waived Johnny Manziel today.

I can't see anyone signing the guy.... 8-)

There was talk that Chip Kelly might be interested, but it was shot down pretty quick by anyone with a brain considering Kelly is probably on his last chance in the NFL, so he's not going to take that kind of risk.

Personally, if I were a GM of a football team and someone uttered the name Manziel in a meeting, they would be fired on the spot. No reason for anyone to sign him.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:17 am

The Johnny Manziel saga continues; embattled QB thrown out of nightclub in Vegas after allegedly punching someone

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas- ... ng-someone

‎@AdamSchefter
And now Drew Rosenhaus officially has terminated Johnny Manziel, making him second agent in two months to fire the talented and troubled QB.
11:21 AM - 19 Apr 2016

He also lost his endorsement deal with Nike after they dropped him.

chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:57 am

Johnny Manziel's drinking and drug use is worse than ever -- but the QB refuses to seek help ... and now people close to him are convinced he's going to die unless something changes soon.
Here's what we know ... Manziel has become even more reckless with his drug problem recently -- even blowing lines in front of people he barely knows.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/24/johnny-ma ... z49aMFxfmG
EOCF
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby EOCF » Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 am

I hope he gets jail time. For his own sake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
CSFBL: New York River Pirates: (2037-2114)
40 Playoff appearances, 19 Division titles, 8 League titles
2053, 2057, 2058, 2074, 2090 & 2113 World Champions

Return to “Football”