Payton Manning - Just Another Entitled Fraud Scumbag?

The NFL and college football.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Payton Manning - Just Another Entitled Fraud Scumbag?

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:59 am

We'll see if the Media continues to hype this guy & bury the terrible. Took 40 years for Cosby, how long for Manning?

This is as in-depth, multiple 1st-persons cross-referenced, verifiable testimony-based, non-anonymous story of this type I've ever read.

Extraordinarily credible. Deserves scrutiny & exploration. In the meantime no more Pepsi or Papa John's for me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2530395
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Re: Payton Manning - Just Another Entitled Fraud Scumbag?

Postby R27 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Read that yesterday. The article isn't necessarily credible. The "court document" in question is a response motion field by Naughright's attorney and is going to be intentionally one-sided and biased and often has trumped up language. Basically King took a heavily biased document and wrote a smear piece of his own without doing any further investigation to get access to the rest of the court records to read both sides of the story. Really no better than the Mannings, if his article is true.

It is no more better than if someone took Manning's response filing and wrote an article about how Manning overcame false allegations of sexual assault.

Some issues that require much further digging.

There was definitely a culture of gender-based abuse against her at Tennessee long before Manning got there. When she filed her complaint with UT in 1996 she alleged 33 incidents. One of which was Manning. Her story of what happened also changed from 1996 to the 2002 court case.

What happened in 1994 while Manning was a Freshman that supposedly got the animosity going? That's sealed and not in the record.

And what happened at Florida Southern that her reviews turned around that quickly. That just doesn't totally add up to me.

Lots more related court filings here:
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/14/peyton ... -tennessee
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Is it not substantial that virtually every 'alibi' Manning provides is directly refuted by those he references? Including teammates & classmates?
marteezy
Everyday Starter
Everyday Starter

Postby marteezy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:51 am

My problem with this garbage from the Daily News is the fact that all of this was settled years ago. Some probably don't remember or even know that the story was something of an issue when Manning was drafted.

this was just a ham fisted attempt at trying to make a larger issue more divisive issue out of something that has been settled.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:30 am

Cosby was "settled" years ago too, decades ago, time & time again.

How's that "settled" matter look today?
cardinals82
Prospect
Prospect

Postby cardinals82 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:04 pm

The Court of law is one thing, but people can make up their own minds. The pattern of behavior that's reported in this harassment case is remarkably similar to what we've heard and read about in the case of Charlie Sly. It's interesting how in two completely different cases, a decade apart, there are reports of Manning and his associates going after accusers. Taking someone to court and deposing them is fair game, but writing about them in a book (in violation of a legal agreement) and then having someone drop off a document at that person's employer is quite another. Sending private detectives to someone's house in an obvious effort to harass and intimidate is quite another. It makes you wonder, why not just resort to conventional means. Is Manning afraid that the truth won't get it? Seems to me that's exactly what he's afraid of -- that the truth WILL get out.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Postby chevyman58 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

Typically, where there's smoke there's fire.
R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:17 pm

SI's MMQB did a piece on this today. They've got another person that was in the training room. His story of what happened matches up with Naughright's original complaint that she filed. While he was Manning's roommate, he is also a police officer and was serving in Iraq when the 2003 trial was going on.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyt ... -voicemail

“Saxon walks in, and Peyton was the kind of guy who had to be friendly with everyone; he wanted to include everyone, from his teammates to the cross country guy. He says hey to Saxon and pulls down the back of his shorts, and I saw one butt cheek, and then he pulled his pants up. And Jamie said something like, ‘Aw, you’re an ass.’ Then I left. Thought nothing of it.”

That account aligns with the description of the incident that Naughright provided in a 1996 affadavit, filed as part of an employment discrimination complaint she lodged against the University of Tennessee. The complaint involved more than two dozen allegations of sexual discrimination or harassment, including the training-room incident. In the affidavit, Naughright described Manning as having “pulled his pants down and exposed [his buttocks] to me.” Naughright called a sexual assault hotline in the wake of the incident, per ESPN.

I still find it interesting that Saxon, the guy who wrote the letter asking Manning to come clean won't actually say what he saw. It's been 20 years, say what you saw!

And it is totally possible that everyone in the locker room that day in the situation took it differently from their point of view.

But lots of people in that article backing up Manning's account of A) what happened and B) his descriptions of her personality.

This story is far from over.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.

Return to “Football”