NFL News 2016

The NFL and college football.
chevyman58
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

NFL News 2016

Postby chevyman58 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Rolando McClain has been suspended again, this time for the first 10 games of the 2016 season, for violating the league’s policy on substance abuse.

McClain was suspended for the first four games last season for violating the same policy. When he returned, he started the Dallas Cowboys’ final 11 games. Dallas re-signed McClain to an incentive-laden deal earlier this year, with a base salary of $1.25 million, but one that had a $5 million max value and included a $750,000 signing bonus. Under the terms of the CBA, McClain may have to repay the signing bonus.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Re: NFL News 2016

Postby Tulcard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:59 am

I guess he didn't have enough "incentive" to appreciate his new contract. Foolish.... 8-)
Elite1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Elite1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 pm

R27
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Postby R27 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:20 pm

I don't have a problem with him doing it. He's free to do it. I don't think it accomplishes his goal, just creates a distraction. The story won't end after one week. We'll have "Kaep-watch" every week to see if he sits or stands. And if he does stand, he'll have to answer questions why he chose to this time.

If I could say something to him though, I would just tell him that standing for the anthem is not about pride in America. It's about respect for the people that that flag represents, white and black, who fought and died and struggled so that he could be where he is, playing football and making millions of dollars. You don't need to have pride in everything about your country to respect those who have gone before you.

I highly doubt there is anyone on this planet today going, "Man, Colin Kaepernick sat down during the national anthem, I guess there really is a problem we need to fix." There is only one way to fix racism in this country, and that is on the individual level, you and I treating people the same.
@JonDobleRBD - Redbird Dugout

El gato es en fuego en mi pantelones.
Tulcard
Hitting Coach
Hitting Coach

Postby Tulcard » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Never cared for Kaepernick before. Care even less about him now.

Return to “Football”